A Moment's Reflection

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Safe Motherhood Quilt

I've been meaning to get around to mentioning this, but kept putting it off. My friend (who I like to think of as Wonder Woman in disguise) beat me to it.
I was honored to take part in creating a square for Ina May Gaskin's Safe Motherhood Quilt Project. My square was in honor of Rosario Bermeo who died in NYC 6/14/83 at the age of 30.
If you are near Sarasota, you can see the quilt on display in just one month!
We also have the amazing opportunity to hear Ina May speak at the
Maternal Health Care Panel - I can't wait!!
I truly hope it will bring some change to the area!
Check out the event calendar for more Ina May happenings
(like a chance to have dinner with her!) :)






1 Comments:

Blogger Kangaroo said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful tribute, Erin.

September 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home