A Moment's Reflection

Friday, August 14, 2009

Food, Inc.

J & I went to see a movie yesterday. He picked last time, so it was my turn this time!
We went to Burns Court which is the cute lil' theatre in town that plays all the artsy movies... and you can get a wine or beer with your popcorn!
We saw Food, Inc.

I had been wanting to see it, and this was the very last showing, so I was glad we made it!
(K had a fun playdate with my brother, sister, and her husband.)
It is such an eye-opening movie. It touches on everything that I'm reading about (ok, so I'm actually listening again... lovely books on tape!) in The Omnivore's Dilemma, again by Michael Pollan. I really hope everyone sees it and then "votes" for the food they want to be eating with the money they are spending. Speaking of which, I was just reminded today that my favorite local produce stand is opening back up today! It's a looong summer when I don't get my yummy, fresh, crispy, organic lettuce & greens from there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home